Saturday, January 30, 2016

Beak Beak Plush Toy

So a long time ago when I was interning at Pencil Test I made this plush toy of Beak Beak from Armikrog as a Christmas gift for Mike and Ed. I recently rediscovered these pictures and decided to share them.




I always start out with a cardstock 3D duplicate when I do plush toys. 



My next step after I have the cardstock all taped together like a ghetto pepakura figure I cut it apart along seam lines and use newspaper to build a pattern for the fabric.
 There were a ton of curves that fit together in strange ways for Beaky's strange anatomy. The inside of the mouth has a piece of thin fun foam stitched into the inside to give it some strength.


Here is the body as I started stuffing it with fiberfill.


Here he is all completed. I put a bow around him to make him look like a Christmas present.


Last time I checked he was hanging out on the couch in Mike and Ed's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment