Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Crimson Corsair (finished)

So I finished my Crimson Corsair build just in time for the movie premiere. I am just going to post a few pictures of the last phases of the build and then show the final product because I am a little low on time.


So the back half of the mold didn't really turn out to say the least and so I just cast the front half and had to make the back half out of card board and then blend the two together.
Then I painted it all up with an acrylic/latex mix and it looked pretty good.

Then I started sewing the ruffles all over the shirt.

I also made the armor pieces out of foam.


I heat formed them and carved them with my Dremel then painted them black, then silver, and then did the weathering and details. Then I assembled them and put the buckles on.

Here are some shots of the final costume outside the theater before the movie.




I think I am happy with it overall. There are a few things that are a little off just because of a lack of reference, but it was really fun to build and I hope to see more of this character in future films.


























No comments:

Post a Comment