Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Reinhardt Figurine (WIP)

I wanted to get some practice with the clay we use at work so I decided to sculpt a little figurine of one of the characters from Blizzard's new game Overwatch. They have so many interesting and unique characters that it was really hard to choose but I finally settled on Reinhardt. I really liked the big chunky look of this massive robotic suit of armor and thought it would be a good challenge.



I started out just slapping clay on my armature to get the pose in.


As I started refining the forms and getting a little detail I was having a hard time reaching in some of the areas so I removed the clay from the arms .


It has been pretty tricky figuring out how all the little armor plates slide around as the character twists and poses.


I have most of the detail done on the torso and I just need to finish up the back and then I will move on to the legs. It was super cool of Blizzard to post the model sheets of all these characters. Now I have perfect reference for all the little detail areas. It is slow going, but I will post more as it gets farther along.

No comments:

Post a Comment